BioNMR core’s exploration funds will be used to provide NMR instrument time to UM junior faculty (research assistant professors and assistant professors) who need to collect preliminary data for new external grant applications.
This fund was made possible by the collective support from the U-M College of Literature, Sciences and Arts; U-M Life Sciences Institute; U-M College of Pharmacy; U-M Medical School; and the U-M Biosciences Initiative.
The application (https://forms.gle/ndgwQRtcDsH9w8i17) requires:
- Qualifications of the investigator(s): Assistant professor / research assistant professor
- Objectives and scientific/technical significance of the proposed project (1-2 paragraphs)
- Riskiness/feasibility of methods employed
- Details of the NMR experiments proposed (e.g. list of experiments) ~1 paragraph
- Suitability of the methods employed
- Amount of NMR time and instrument requested to carry out proposed projects
Applications will be reviewed by BioNMR core staff and evaluated by the BioNMR advisory committee on a quarterly basis.